If you're looking for personalized services for you or your children
(4个月及以上), 我们在你身边, offering highly skilled care in a friendly, 礼貌的环境.
Our medical staff expertly evaluates and treats:
食物 & 药物过敏
口服食物 & 药物的挑战
You must have an appointment to receive allergy shots.
As you enter our office, check in with the front desk and take a seat. A nurse will call your name to receive your shot. 如果你感觉不舒服(i.e. fever, flu symptoms, chest congestion), you cannot receive your injection.
It may take up to six months before your injection therapy begins to relieve symptoms.
Tips for Injection Therapy Success
- Space your shots 3-10 days apart while building up to maintenance shots.
- Expect to wait at least 30 minutes after injections. Always check in with our nurse before leaving.
- 可能发生局部延迟反应. These include redness, swelling and warmth at the injection site. Apply a cool compress to the site and take ibuprofen for swelling and warmth. If symptoms last longer than 48 hours, call your doctor.
- Do not do any strenuous exercise for two to three hours after an allergy injection.
- Keep antihistamines at home and work for short-term symptom relief between injections.
- Female patients should tell our nurse before treatment if they think they may be pregnant.
- Please keep taking all allergy medications, 按照你的医生的指示, 在进行注射治疗时.
- Keep your insurance information up to date with our office and let us know about any changes to ensure your billing is processed properly.
- If a few months have passed since your last injection, feel free to call our office.
在你第一次去办公室之前, please ask your referring physician to send us pertinent information from your or your child's medical record.
- Chest and/or sinus X-ray reports from the past two to three years
New patient visits may take 1-2 hours; skin testing is usually scheduled for another visit. 病人 younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for their visit.
Unless you cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance, we will charge you for a missed appointment at the normal office visit rate.
While we understand delays may be unavoidable, we may have to reschedule your appointment if you are more than 15 minutes late.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call our office at least 24 hours before your appointment to let us know.
We're committed to making your treatment successful.
Your initial consult will cost between $250 - $350 and includes a detailed history and physical exam. There may be added fees if we do testing (e.g. allergy skin testing and pulmonary function testing).
We are enrolled in many insurance plans to better serve our patients. You must complete our information and insurance form before seeing the doctor.
Each plan has its own restrictions about where and how often services are given. If you have a question about coverage, please contact your insurance provider.
The staff at MaineGeneral's Business Office also can help answer your insurance coverage questions. They can be reached at (207) 872-4680 or toll-free at (877) 255-4680.
Many insurance policies require a written referral from your primary care provider. If a referral is required, please contact your provider.
Insurance plans vary with terms of coverage for allergy and asthma services. We will work with you to make sure you receive all of your eligible insurance benefits.
We will collect any insurance co-payment at your appointment.
对于没有保险的病人, payment is due at the time of service, unless prior payment arrangements have been made. We can discuss reasonable payment options with you.
Please discuss any billing/insurance issues with our billing staff before your visit. Please call us at (207) 622-8660 if you have questions or concerns.
在MaineGeneral, we believe you should have accurate information to help you choose a health care provider or medical practice based on the quality of care you can expect to receive.
Click the 病人的经验 button below for information about our level of care based on medical practice survey responses from patients.